About the Venue
ITQW 2019 will be held in the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa, a hotel, resort, and conference center located in Ojai, California. The central conference location will be the Anacapa ballroom. The coffee breaks and vendor exhibit will be immediately outside the ballroom in the foyer.
The Ojai Valley Inn has been one of California’s most revered destinations since opening in 1923. Located just 90 minutes north of Los Angeles, the resort overlooks the unspoiled natural beauty of its mountain surroundings and celebrates the relaxed glamour of California’s past to create an unparalleled resort experience that is quintessentially Ojai. The resort has several pools, a world-class golf-course, several on-site restaurants and pubs, a full service spa. Furthermore, by request (usually for a fee) the resort can organize a wide range of activities, including hikes, mountain biking, art classes, beekeeping lessons, fishing tours, sailing tours, wine country tours, whale watching, kayaking, rock climbing, and many more.
The conference venue is located about 10 minutes walk from downtown Ojai, which contains restaurants, galleries, and boutiques.
Ojai is a small town about a 90 minute drive to the northwest of Los Angeles and 45 minute drive to the east of Santa Barbara. It sits just below the Topa Topa Mountain range, directly south of the Los Padres National Forest. It is about 20 miles from the beach in Ventura CA. The Ojai valley was settled by the Ancient Chumash Indians more than 10,000 years ago. They believed that the valley holds mystical powers and that a magnification of energy exists exuding a peaceful sacredness that can be felt. Doubtless it possesses a deep natural beauty – for example every year thousands of visitors visit to see the “Pink Moment,” as the fading sunset creates a brilliant shade of pink for several minutes on the Topa Topa bluffs over 6,000 feet above sea level.
Ojai Valley Inn and Spa
A room block at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa is being reserved at discounted rates for conference attendees under the group code “ITQW2019” for September 15-20. These guest room reservations must be secured by August 16, 2019 (or until the room block is sold out). After August 16, the discounted rate will end, the rooms will be released from the block and will be able to be booked only as available. For this reason, we recommend booking as soon as possible.
In addition to the rates listed below, there is a $15 per day resort service charge, as well as sales and tourism taxes. The resort service charge includes:
- 24 Hour Valet and Self-Parking
- High-Speed Wi-Fi in Guest Rooms and Common Areas
- Nightly Turndown Service
- Full Access to Fitness Center and Daily Mind & Body Classes
- Daily Newspaper Delivered Upon Request
- Coffee and Tea provided for in-room Keurig Coffee and Tea Brewer
- Unlimited use of Tennis Courts (reservations required)
- Use of Swimming Pools
- Business Center
There are two types of rooms available:
- “Run of the House” - $250/night. These are single or double occupancy rooms with either a king or two double beds. They include in-room desks, coffee machines, wireless internet, in-room ipad, television and multimedia station. The exact room will be assigned from the available room pool at time of booking.
- “Ojai Category” - $200/night. These are double occupancy rooms (two double beds) that are somewhat smaller and in a slightly older wing of the resort compared to the more modern “Run of the House” rooms. We recommend these as a lower cost option for students. Because we wish to give students "first shot" at these rooms, students should email us at email@example.com, before July 15, and we will give them access. After that they will be open to all.
Guestroom rates are per room, per night, single or double occupancy with no meals included. Additional upgraded rooms and suites are available at extra cost, as shown at this link. Please contact the hotel directly if you wish to book such a room.
BookingConference attendees may book rooms in two ways.
Phone: Agents are available 7 days a week from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm (Pacific Time Zone) by calling (888) 697-9116.
Online: You may book into the reserved room block online using this link.